Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Greeting Cards...

So as my wife and I opened up all of our presents from our wedding, the best part of the night for me were the cards and the thoughtful words people had written in them. It's an amazing and overwhelming feeling to read the support and love that so many people have for Chloe and I. We would take turns reading and each and every time I thought to myself; " Wow, I really need to tell people more often how much I truly appreciate them." I saved all of them and we are looking forward to pulling them out and reading them in the future. If ever I feel down, alone, and insignificant I need to look no further then those cards.

The thought and realization that I had is that even the greatest and most expensive gifts do not even come close in comparison to the kind, thoughtful, raw, sincere, and loving words a person can share with another. Human expression is one of our greatest gifts and I feel it is far too often neglected and abused. What a difference a simple "Thank you", "Hello", or (my personal favorite) a smile can make in a persons life. We never truly know what a person may be going through or how they may be feeling, but if we take the time to express our most sincere love and gratitude, I believe we can give someone the best gift of all and it doesn't cost a dime...

3 comments:

  1. Well said Tanner & Chloe.

    The words are strong, the energy that you carry effects others, and humans are after all very sensitive creatures. But when something touches your heart that's a gift. I think you stepped up. :) - mik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mika! I've definitely learned a lot just this year alone. I guess growing up isn't all that bad. :)

    -P.S.

    I added you as an Author to this blogg so I think it should let u post your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete