Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Big Bad Business...

So the more I work and the more I look at how this industry is and was and will be, I realize that being a bigger business is not always the best thing. I think perhaps in my line of work, staying small and being more personal with clients and employees might be better. I feel too often that businesses have the thought that if we continue to grow and get bigger and hire more people and take on more clients and expand and grow and dominate that it will best for everyone. It might be good for the company, but I think that somewhere along the way you lose something that is very difficult to simulate when you are this giant corporation. Being personal, is one of the best things that can make a company strong. Knowing everyone's name, last name, wife's name, etc. These are the things that strengthen the loyalty of the workers and the integrity of the company. I think the problem stems from greed and not living within our means. Going too far with a thought and dream and causing it to spiral out of control and losing the reason you got into the work you do. I feel that working hard, taking in just enough to thrive and be successful is the key to a happy workplace and environment...

1 comment:

  1. So true! And when a company tries to go too big too fast. I worked at an hvac company and I was over all the installations. When they would try to do too much more than our guys could handle things would get messed up and the quality of work declined a bit and its hard keeping the customers happy. Plus who doesn't love the personal care and attention from a small business. Much more meaningful than being used and tossed to the side once the company gets your money

    ReplyDelete