Monday, August 9, 2010

The Snippet...

Walking back from lunch today, 2 ordinary men walked by me and were having a harmless conversation amongst themselves. As they briskly walked past me I overheard one gentleman say to the other, "You need to just get off the gerbil wheel..." This made my day. What a silly and unusual thing to hear when you are taken off guard. This gave me the idea to compose a journal full of quotes from snippets of other people's conversations. I'm sure we have all walked by someone, sat at a table, or just overheard some weird stuff from people talking. When taken out of context they can be quite amusing...

1 comment:

  1. This reminded me of my favorite snippet. I was working at Sizzler and I walked by a table that wasn't even in my section. There was a little girl at the table, maybe 6 or 7 and she said "her parents are soooooooo strict, she has to say bumstranaut." It took a few seconds to process, luckily I was back in the kitchen before I laughed out loud. Crazy mormons. Gotta love Utah.

    ReplyDelete